hist-brewing: British White Ale

Matt_lists Matt_lists at hotmail.com
Mon May 13 11:41:48 PDT 2002

With the words "Thick", "Eggs" and "Flour" makes me think you are referring
to a cuddle, possett or syllabub (sp??)  not an actual beer brewed with
these ingredients but a Gruit beer with these things added to it as a sort
of cocktail. Done so to make them more nutrition and tasty.

I don't remember which one (cuddle, Possett, or syllabub) refers to the
addition of eggs and flours to beer but you may want to do a search on those
and see if that is what you are looking for. Or if you have access to "A sip
though time" it has recipes in the back for such concoctions.

Matt Maples

Over 400 beers and 16 meads online, shipping available.

Liquid Solutions
12162 SW Scholls Ferry Rd
Tigard, OR 97223
503-524-9722