hist-brewing: Wine Quart

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Tue Mar 26 13:19:52 PST 2002

In a message dated 3/26/2002 2:32:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rpastor at tampabay.rr.com writes:

> Greetings all,
>
>      I have a question for the list. On page 65 of Digby, he mentions "one
>  quart of honey to six wine quarts of water". Does anyone know what a wine
>  quart is and, if so, what's the conversion to modern measurement?
>
>  Thanks,
>  Robert the Bald

The six to one ratio should work no matter the measure, but....check here.
although I can't speak to how accurate it is :

http://realbeer.com/spencer/Digby-recipes/glossary.html

"Wine quart
57.75 cu in (i.e. the same as the US Quart), according to the Measures of
Capacity FAQ"

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."
- Harvey Fierstein