hist-brewing: Tansy in Ale

Bruce R. Gordon obsidian at raex.com
Tue Mar 5 15:51:13 PST 2002

Greetings
	The references I have to it don't mention it as an abortifacient, but it
is toxic. In small, medically supervised doses it has been used to
destroy intestinal parasites, or to promote menstrual flow, but even
among experienced herbalists it's not often used - you can get very sick
from an overdose, and there have even been an occasional fatality on
record. Definitely not recommended.

Bruce R. Gordon

--
Ex Tenebra, Lux