hist-brewing: RE:ale and preserving it

Andy Davison andy at oiyou.force9.co.uk
Sat Jan 26 02:51:36 PST 2002

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 18:05:21 -0800, "PalomaHill"
<palomahill at yahoo.com> wrote:

>In checking this out I have noticed that there is one pure malt ale out
>there retail.  It's called Tranquair and it's made in Scotland.  I'm picking
>some up tomorrow.
>That someone is making it retail is more validation that there is really no
>need for a bittering herb to preserve the beer.
>thank you for the recipies.

Traquair House Ale and Bear Ale are hopped with EK Goldings. The
Jacobite Ale is also hopped with EKG but is also spiced with coriander
seed. The special 10%ABV 1000th Brew is also hopped with EKG.
Which Traquair beer do you have in mind? Is it one I've missed?
--
Andy Davison
andy at oiyou.force9.co.uk