hist-brewing: Re: Different Alcohols

PBLoomis at aol.com PBLoomis at aol.com
Mon Jan 7 15:45:15 PST 2002

JeffRenner at mediaone.net writes:

>  You
>  can see that a modern martini is much stronger than our typical drink
>  above -- one with 3 ounces of strong gin is more than twice as strong
>  with 1.4 or 1.5 ounces of alcohol.  I for one cannot imagine the
>  iconic "three martini lunch!"

    I agree with you.
    I've only known one person who liked three martini lunches.  He was
a hard-bitten up-from-the-ranks Navy captain who was Asst Chief of Staff
for Current Operations when I was on the staff of CinC Lant Flt in 1978.
He selected for Rear Admiral while I was there, so evidently it didn't hurt
his performance.
    Scotti
    Knowledge is never wasted, nor is the time to acquire it.