hist-brewing: Different Alcohols

PBLoomis at aol.com PBLoomis at aol.com
Fri Jan 4 18:46:14 PST 2002

   In an article of beers, my local Friday supplement includes the
following statement:
    "... don't confuse a 10 percent beer with a 10 percent wine -- the
alcohols in these drinks are different, and you'll find that a 10 percent
beer packs about the same punch as a martini."
    There are two statements here (1) the alcohol in beer is different
from the alcohol in wine, and (2) a 10 percent beer packs about the
same punch as a martini.  I don't believe either one of them.
    Any of you knowledgeable people care to comment?
    Scotti
    Knowledge is never wasted, nor is the time to acquire it.