hist-brewing: sake

Matt_lists Matt_lists at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 31 20:58:48 PST 2001

Since the subject is about sake and Fred Eckhard's book was mentioned I
thought I would give him a little plug. He is doing a Sake tasting here in
Portland OR. He posted this to the "Oregon Brew Crew" list he is also doing
a beer and chocolate tasting. These are fun events attend if you can....

===================
Last month in a fit of noncompusmentus I promised a sake tasting for
Wednesday January 9th. I lied, John couldn't manage it and we moved it to
the following Wednesday, 16 January at 7:30pm in Steinbarts upstairs
classroom. REMEMBER THAT'S THE WEDNESDAY AFTER our Brew Crew Meeting on
Thursday 10 January. As is our custom, we split the cost of sake amongst
the attendees. I am intending to bring at least one $65 sake (among others)
for your expensive enjoyment. In the past the cost has averaged between $5
and $10 and the sake fantabulous! It should be no less than that this year.

The beer and chocolate tasting is set for Dublin at 8pm Thursday 14
February, Valentines day itself. This replaces the OBC meeting, and you can
join us, at the Dublin, with yourself, your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend,
significant other or whatever, but if you have a dog perhaps you should
leave it home. Chocolate is not good for dogs.

If you plan to provide chocolate for this, please contact me at the next
meeting, and remember that I don't get there until close to 8pm.

Fred (again)

Matt Maples

Liquid Solutions
12162 SW Scholls Ferry Rd
Tigard, OR 97223
503-524-9722
www.liquidsolutions.ws (web site)

May mead regain its rightful place as the beverage of gods and kings.