hist-brewing: need some thoughts

Charley Atchley Charley at lcc.net
Mon Dec 17 17:30:22 PST 2001

I know you asked for a mead recipe, but I am a beer fan, and this was really
good.

Rose hip gruit

11 lbs English ale malt
Standard infusion mash

During last 40 min of boil add 8oz Rose hips
During last 20 min of boil add 8oz Rose hips
During last 20 min of boil add 2oz Rosemary sprigs
During last 10 min of boil add 2 oz fennel seeds

Boil in 2 cups plain water and then simmer 15 min 8 oz rose hips. Crush the
hips with a spoon. Pour the tea into the carboy when it has cooled. Add the
hips to a mesh bag and then stuff it into the carboy. (Kind of like dry
hopping.)

Charley Atchley

2+8=2*5=15-5=70/7=-8+18=3+7=5+5=12-2
You got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you
might not get there. --Yogi Berra