hist-brewing: ageing mead

Jean-Paul Blaquiere japester at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Dec 12 22:07:23 PST 2001

> On Dec 12, Richard Ayotte illuminated :

> .......Anyone out there got a clue as to how long iI should age my black
> raspberry mead?...It took me way too long to pick the berries,with way too
> many 'skeeter bites, to waste a bottle to see if it's ready!

depends really on how much fruit you have in it.  .....
Plain meads (with no fruit) can be drunk at bottling time but they do
improve with age, 1-2 years.  100% fruit wines IMHO, should be left for at
least a year before drinking.  I have two batches of mulberry wine which
I'm waiting on.  Once i've opened one, I'll tell you!  :P

./jp
--
Jean-Paul Blaquière             ||   Avatar of Computational
   japester at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au   ||   Thaumaturgy