hist-brewing: koji

Elizabeth England-Kennedy lizek at antioch-college.edu
Thu Dec 6 23:53:03 PST 2001

I have found that the sake comes out best if I "starve" the yeast a bit --
add any sigars over the course of a few weeks (part each week) -- I had
this suggested as a way to force the yeast to begin breaking down the more
complex starches of the rice sooner. In making some side-to-side tests, I
have found the quality to really be better when I did this.

-- Liz EK