hist-brewing: My first mead.

Michael M michaelm at reliable-net.net
Tue Nov 20 03:59:49 PST 2001

I agree with the below...
 I once had a happy accident. Bottled the mead, didn't stabilize it, and
fermentation continued a little. I had no problems with explosions with the
bottles that sat quietly in my basement, but one that I took on the road
with me, while crossing the Rocky Mountains, at a higher altitude and lower
atmospheric pressure, did start to push the cork out. I heard the squeaking
in the back seat and relieved the pressure. All of the mead carbonated
slightly, and was excellent.
Good luck,
Michael M
p.s. I clarify mine with Bentonite, and while time does improve the flavors,
most are very drinkable at bottling.