hist-brewing: My first mead.

Sean Richens srichens at sprint.ca
Mon Nov 19 15:44:45 PST 2001

If you finished up with residual sweetness, you could use either potassium
sorbate or potassium metabisulphite (or both) to stabilize the mead more
reliably.

There is always a bit of a concern that the little extra contact with air
during bottling could revive an apparently dormant yeast.  However, now that
it's in bottles, I suggest replacing the cork in one of them with a stopper
or screw cap so you can check on it from time to time.

Sean