hist-brewing: PS: Rats!

Michael Eyben mbe at uniserve.com
Sun Oct 28 08:36:36 PST 2001

After four years in Scotland, I can answer this question. The drink you are
looking for is called "Uisge Bay" (SP on the Bay?) and is Gaelic for "Breath
of Life". It is made using whisky, oatmeal (of course!) and honey. This term
is actually where whiskey gets it's name from. The pronunciation below is
about right and from there it turned into our "whiskey".

Unfortunately I don't have a recipe handy,  but if you do an Internet search
on "uisge" you may come up with something. Apparently this is really quite
divine, although I haven't tried it myself.

Cat