hist-brewing: "An Arab Mead"

Bruce R. Gordon obsidian at raex.com
Tue Oct 23 19:15:36 PDT 2001

Greetings
	Yes, that's very likely correct. As I mentioned, the Qu'ran itself says
very little about the subject, and merely proscribes "khamt", linking it
to games of chance. Khamt is normally translated as "wine", although I
have seen translations that say "intoxicants". Specific Muslim
prohibitions of "grape and grain" occur in Hadith, a body of
commentaries and expansions of Qu'ranic lore that was written over the
course of several hundred years.

Bruce R. Gordon

--
Ex Tenebra, Lux