hist-brewing: 17 & 18th Century American Beer Recipes

Matt_lists Matt_lists at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 3 11:00:29 PDT 2001

I concur. If that is the date range you are looking for then "A Sip Through Time" is the book you want. Tons for recipes, nice index and references in the back. I have done several recipes from the book and have used others as a starting point for formulating my own. One thing I learned was that they were crazy for the nutmeg and cloves  back then. I usually tone it down some as they are not so much to my liking.

Just my $0.034 (inflation)

Matt Maples

www.liquidsolutions.ws (web site)
May mead regain its rightful place as the beverage of gods and kings.