hist-brewing: Elderberries

Mark & Eylat Poliner allotta at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 8 17:24:48 PDT 2001

Elderberry wine, 10# elderberries, 8-10# sugar, acidity should titrate to
.6% as tartatic or pH 3.2, cote de blanc or premier cuvee yeast.  For
additional flavors, try adding rose hips, corriander, lemons, raisins, or
cinnamon.

I would use 15# of wildflower or orange blossom honey in making a melomel
and only using 4# of elderberries in secondary.
Let it age 2 years for best flavor.