hist-brewing: Mold & Mead

James May robmay at home.com
Thu Aug 30 10:56:44 PDT 2001

         I believe the confusion here could be with the use of the term
"skimming the scum" used in many period and near period recipes. What this
refers to is the removal of the foam, consisting of protiens, bee parts and
assorted other things, during the boil. It does not include mold, in my
opinion.

THL Jehan Yves de Chateau Thiery
Atlantian Royal Brewer
Barony Lochmere