hist-brewing: a period clairfier

Mark & Eylat Poliner allotta at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 27 18:00:21 PDT 2001

egg whites are a great claitfier.  it has been used for centuries in French
wine making.  what you do is seperate the eggs.  beat the whites until they
turn frothy and white.  you don't need to build a merangue, gut get the
protiens active.  add to your wine or beer.
another is bentonite.  it is a natural clay.  in a courser grind and less
processing it is used for kitty litter.