hist-brewing: The Best Beer

Tom Stevenson tsteve145 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 23 17:02:15 PDT 2001

Someone asked about spent grain bread and I sent her
my recipe by private  email.  Unfortunately, I lost
her address and realized that I had sent her a recipe
with one ingredient lacking.  Herewith, the correct
recipe:
1.5 cups water (or 12 oz. beer)
2.5 cups bread flour
1.5 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup spent grain
4 TBSP vital wheat gluten
2 TBSP dry milk
2 TBSP sugar
1.5 tsp salt
2 TBSP butter
1 pkg. active dry yeast

I make this in a Zojirushi bread machine using the
basic wheat setting.
Tom Stevenson