Randy Mosher rmosher at 21stcentury.net
Thu Jul 12 07:00:54 PDT 2001

>> Is there anyone familiar with making bread from the leftover grains from
>> brewing?  I have searched for a good recipe, but cannot find one.

I am also one who dislikes the "spent" character of old used-up malt husks
and rootlets in bread, but I've found that cracked crystal malt lends a
pleasant sweetness with an intriguing nuttiness. And, of course, that malt,
as we know, is about as good a yeast food as can be found. Try it sometime,
1/2-1 cup per loaf.

--Randy