hist-brewing: A question of books

Bob Davis brewer at enter.net
Mon Jun 25 12:07:27 PDT 2001

Hiya!

I just ordered _Beer in America : The Early Years, 1587-1840 : Beers
Role in the Settling of America and the Birth of a Nation_, by Gregg
Smith.  I this a good read or not?  I bought it out of curiosity's sake,
as I had browsed through it at a friend's house the other day, and it
seemed intriguing.

Also, I'd like to round out my library with cider-making books (as you
can tell, I'm interested in Colonial American beverage alcohol).
Any suggestions from the list as to books I should look into?

Thanks, All!

	-Bob

--
Robert P. Davis: Brewer, Musician,