hist-brewing: Re: Ale Yeast

Eylat & Mark Poliner allotta at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 17 11:29:13 PDT 2001

Sorbistat will prevent any fermentation. If you look at the ingredients
on a soda bottle, it will list it as a preservative.
This stops yeast cell growth.  It can also be used to make sweet desert
wines.  Once fermentation is COMPLETELY and TOTALLY finished, add
sorbistat and then sweeten to taste.  It will stop any NEW fermentation,
not stop an existing one.
Mark