hist-brewing: Nettle beer

ed somers kesomers at megalink.net
Thu Jun 7 12:41:08 PDT 2001

I was just reading Martha Washington Cook book edited by Karen Hess. In it
Nettle seeds are attributed with the power to "stirreth up lust" However
the next sentence repeats a remedy of "the erection of the yerde to synne,"
yerde, or yard ( as in yard stick) being a synonym for a prominent male
member. The remedy is to "put nettles in the codpeece about the yerde and
stones"!!!!
	Oh for the good old days!!