hist-brewing: (no subject)

Bruce R. Gordon obsidian at raex.com
Wed Jun 6 07:59:42 PDT 2001

Greetings
	Can't help you with the practical issues of building it, but as to
whether blackberries are period; I've seen any number of references to
them in period cooking and medicinal texts. Naturally, the question of
whether they were referring to exactly what we would think of as a
blackberry or to some other close variant, is quite open. My suspicion
is that they are two closely related subspecies, separated not so much
by space as by time (consider, for example, what carrots were apparently
like in period).

Bruce R. Gordon

--
Ex Tenebra, Lux