hist-brewing: Fw: Nettles & stuff

GRMBLZ glingwood at netspeed.com.au
Tue Jun 5 19:12:11 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Lindahl" <lindahl at pbm.com>
To: "GRMBLZ" <glingwood at netspeed.com.au>
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 2:43 PM
Subject: Re: Nettles & stuff

> To post to the list, you need to send to hist-brewing at pbm.com... not
> hist-brewing-owner at pbm.com.
>
> On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 10:50:55AM +1000, GRMBLZ wrote:
> > Hi Guys, I've been lurking for a while & read with interest the posts on
carbonation.Head over to www.oz.craftbrewer.org & check out the gadgets
link, in there is an article titled carbonator caps which you may find
useful, they work on everything from plain water to wine ( lambrusco for
reds & spritzer for whites ) & are great for soft drinks ( sodas ).
> > Nettle beer relies on the base ingredients for flavour, much like hops
do in a traditional beer & add little other than bitterness. If you decide
to try it ( you can also make wine from it ) when you get stung ( if you get
badly stung you will be in great pain ) look around for a low growing plant
with oval grass green leaves about 1 foot long by 6 inches wide with a
growth habit similar to rhubarb, it's called dock & is almost always found
where nettles are, grab a leaf & rub it in the sting vigorously it will
alleviate the pain & swelling.