hist-brewing: Nettle beer

Tom Smit lunica at ozemail.com.au
Fri Jun 1 14:33:57 PDT 2001

Hi,

  I am going to make a nettle beer, now that winter is here Downunder
and nettles are sprouting. "homebrewing, the CAMRA guide" by G Wheeler
and "Historical Companion to Housebrewing" La Pensee have nettle recipes.

  Apparently nettle leaves are very bitter and should be harvested
young. Oh, and wear gloves when harvesting ;)

Tom