hist-brewing: incomplete recipe ?

Mike ----- exytr at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 1 11:57:49 PDT 2001

thanks to all for all the info... the must is still bubbling merrily.  i
have a couple more questions...

- the "smell" bubbling out of the lock is reminiscent of bread yeast (i used
a champagne yeast) should i be worried?

- when i rack it to the secondary, i think there will be too little to fill
the carboy.  what should i use to "fill the space"  more honey? plain water?

- i see that a fermenting pear juice is a perry... is a mead made with pears
also a perry (as in a cyser being made with apples)?

thanks again

Mike

ps. i can only check mail every couple of days... sorry if there is a delay