hist-brewing: ale yeast (was:lemonade)

Rory McGowen rory_mcgowen at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 17:15:38 PDT 2001

Angus wrote:

> The yeast I'm using is an australian ale strain from Yeast Lab
> (the number was YL01 IIRC).  I've had it for close to two years now.
> /Angus.
> <snip>

Okay, I found the Yeast Labs YTL001 (there isn't a YL01 according to
them), but it isn't an ale yeast, its packaged by them as a Lager yeast.
"YTL001 Continenta Lager"
A lager yeast has several properties that distinguish it from that of a
normal beer yeast. First, it tolerates higher alcohol percentages.
Second, it likes it cold. And will continue to ferment in the frig.

I'm going to run it through some paces. Thank you.

Rory
--
"Little" Rory McGowen, CSH
Fyrdman of Calontir

containing
the words "unsubscribe hist-brewing" (or unsubscribe
hist-brewing-digest, if
owner-hist-brewing at pbm.com