hist-brewing: incomplete recipe ?

Matt_lists Matt_lists at hotmail.com
Wed May 30 15:55:40 PDT 2001

I agree with Rory, leave them in. My rule of thumb is that if leaving them
in will give you undesirable flavors (usually too many tannins) take them
out early (a week or two) after fermentation has started. You get too many
tannins from fruits that have a lot of little seeds in them if left in too
long. SO things like raspberries and blackberries take out sooner and peach,
pear and the like you can leave in longer.

Matt Maples

Liquid Solutions
12162 SW Scholls Ferry Rd
Tigard, OR 97223
503-524-9722

May mead regain its rightful place as the beverage of gods and kings.