hist-brewing: Bottle help

PBLoomis at aol.com PBLoomis at aol.com
Sun Apr 1 10:25:15 PDT 2001

In a message dated 3/30/01 10:37:47 PM Central Daylight Time,
SquireAle at zianet.com writes:

> All right everyone here is a hard one. I am looking for crockery/ceramic
beer
> and wine bottles. Does anyone out there know of a manufacturer or retailer
of
> them? I have looked allllll over the place and can't find one.

    Some of the German and Belgian brewers use ceramic bottles
with Grolsch closures.  I have a couple of them I use for special
presentation purposes when I know I'm going to get them back.
I've long since soaked off the labels, so I can't tell you what brands
to look for.
    Scotti