hist-brewing: Traditional kegging?

PBLoomis at aol.com PBLoomis at aol.com
Wed Feb 21 13:36:46 PST 2001

In a message dated 2/21/01 3:33:56 AM Central Standard Time,
zymyrgy at hotmail.com writes:

>  I'm thinking of building a three corny-keg system that can be stood upside
>  down with a simple hosetap & beerswitch for each (easy made black & tans!)
>  Will this work? Any suggestions (other than lying the things on their
>  sides?) And how much would one need to prime the carboys to get adequate
>  carbonation without CO2 or nitro?

    I don't think it will work.  You will find that you have to find some way
to introduce gas into the top of your keg, beyond the dissolved carbonation,
to let the beer flow out.  I found that out when I was still in the 5-liter
keg
stage.
    Scotti