hist-brewing: Traditional kegging?

Brian M. Wise zymyrgy at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 21 01:29:47 PST 2001

I'm relatively new to the list, but not to brewing. However, I'm tired of
sanitizing bottle after bottle every single time I make a nice big batch of
homebrew. I'd like to figure out how to set up a gravity (upsidedown) keg
dispensing system that'll carbonate nicely without forcing me to set down
the $400-odd for an old freezer, temp modulator, tap & kegging system.
Anyone know how to do this?

I'm thinking of building a three corny-keg system that can be stood upside
down with a simple hosetap & beerswitch for each (easy made black & tans!)
Will this work? Any suggestions (other than lying the things on their
sides?) And how much would one need to prime the carboys to get adequate
carbonation without CO2 or nitro?