hist-brewing: html posts

PBLoomis at aol.com PBLoomis at aol.com
Tue Feb 13 06:30:26 PST 2001

In a message dated 2/12/01 11:47:43 AM Central Standard Time,
brewinfo at xnet.com writes:

> It seems as though there is a marked increase in the number of posts
>  that include html.  Since I read all my email with an ascii mail reader,
>  that's quite a mess.  Could posters try to set their mailers to just
>  send ascii?  Thanks.

    I'm with you, Al.  However, there seem to be a number of ISP-
specific software packages out there which have no instructions
on how to turn off the ******* html.
    We can do ourselves and our comrades a real favor if the folks
who know about this kind of thing will help the dummies like me.
Does anybody know how to turn the html on AOL on/off??
    Thanks,
    Scotti