hist-brewing: Name that Drink... (please?)

Marc Shapiro m_shapiro at bigfoot.com
Mon Feb 12 16:36:09 PST 2001

Bob,

As others have said, it sounds like you are asking about sekanjabin (the
'b' is pronounced as a 'v', as in 'sekanjavin').  You can find a recipe
for it in "Cariadoc's Miscellany" at:

	http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/cariadoc/drinks.html#2

As Cariadoc says, this is the only recipe in the "Miscellany" that comes
from a modern source, i.e. A Book of Middle Eastern Food, by Claudia
Roden.

Mint is easy to grow, and well worth it just for the sekanjabin syrup.
We have about a half gallon of the syrup on hand just waiting to be
reconstituted.

HTH

Wassail!

--
Marc Shapiro			     "If you drink melomel every day,
m_shapiro at bigfoot.com		     you will live to be 150 years old,