hist-brewing: Name that Drink... (please?)

Robert Lowe pngwen at acm.org
Sun Feb 11 19:09:19 PST 2001

I was at a medieval style festivle and I was given a drink that seemed to be
composed of some kind of vinegar.  I was told that it was a traditional drink
that was ment to cool you down (often given to people in the summer after a
long days work).  Unfortunately I don't recall the name of the drink.  I would
like to know how to make it though because it really did what it was supposed
to.  It tasted like a drink one would expect to have been brewed for the
peasentry, any ideas as to what it could be?

Any clues will be much appreciated!

-Bob