hist-brewing: Melomel with Leatherwood honey

WyteRayven at aol.com WyteRayven at aol.com
Wed Feb 7 08:17:39 PST 2001

In a message dated Tue, 6 Feb 2001  9:15:35 PM Eastern Standard Time, PBLoomis writes:

>   Whaddaya mean, he wasn't talking to you??  ;-)      >You knew the answer, and gave a thoughtful opinion.  >Sounds  as though you're exactly the person he was >talking to, even if he  didn't know it at the time.  >Thanks.  8-)

Well...thank you. :) I just didnt want to step on anyones toes. :)

> Sounds like just the ticket to mix with a lesser->flavored honey to  make mead.  8-)

That would probably be lovely.....I was thinking that it also might make a nice beer. I dont know if the bitterness is due to a poor batch that I got or not. If it isnt, I dont know if the bitterness would carry over into the resulting brew....I think that it might, but that wouldnt matter in a beer since you would be adding hops to it anyway.

As a side note, I generally brew meads, and have tried a couple of ciders, but have not been happy with the results of the ciders yet. But I just bottled my first two batches of beer, and am anxiously waiting to see how they turn out. :)

     Scotti       >>

Dawn