hist-brewing: Leatherwood honey

Chuck meadmakr at enteract.com
Wed Feb 7 07:25:48 PST 2001

In #779 WyteRayven at aol.com wrote

> I just purchased a small container of Leatherwood honey. I have always been
<snip>
> to 3 / 4 of a cup of honey and cost close to $9. I'm glad I have tried it,
> but have found that I dont care for it. It has a bitter undertone, and is on
> the grainy side. I would call it a strong flavored honey

Interesting. Now Tom Smit was talking about Austrailian leatherwood
honey (which I intuit from his address), I'm not sure where Dawn
lives/bought her honey, but my beekeeping course teacher says that
(US-produced) leatherwood is the best tasting honey he has ever
tasted. He has run 100+ hives for over 30 years and *knows* about honey
and beekeeping.

Just a data point...

Chuck Wettergreen
meadmakr at eneteract.com