hist-brewing: Melomel with Leatherwood honey

NeophyteSG at aol.com NeophyteSG at aol.com
Mon Feb 5 14:26:31 PST 2001

lunica at ozemail.com.au writes:

>   Should be interesting! I have found beer to be a 'forgiving' brew. I
> hope mead is the same!!!

It is ... relatively speaking.  However, like ports and a few others, it's on
the extreme end of the spectrum in terms of aging.  I consider beer more
along the line of "instant gratification" ... something to drink while I wait
for the wines and meads to come of age.  BTW, what's the leatherwood honey
taste like?  Strong or mild?

Shawn