hist-brewing: Gruit herbs

Tom Smit lunica at ozemail.com.au
Thu Feb 1 12:23:58 PST 2001

Hi,

  I have or have ordered Sweet Gale and Marsh Rosemary (Labrador Tea)
The last of the three main gruit herbs, Yarrow, I have growing in my
garden, along with Tansy. What part of the plants do I harvest for
gruit? I can dry the harvested herbs easy enough but is it the roots,
stem, leaves, flowers etc that are to be used?

 TIA

Cheers

Tom