hist-brewing: Emergency Beer Question -- OT

Eylat & Mark Poliner allotta at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 26 21:35:07 PST 2001

Depends on the alcohol content.  Generally about 20 degrees F.
The water crystals will freeze first at 32 degrees F.  (Remove them for
a traditional ice beer).
Generally the freeze will not be detremental to the beer.  I drove cross
country in January with beer, mead and wine.  The temperatures were well
below freezing.  Upon getting to sunny LA, all was fine.

Mark