hist-brewing: Buckwheat mead - fining

Renee Peterson polrena at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 25 04:09:57 PST 2001

I personally use a wax from my local home-brew supplier, but if you are
limited to the choices in your post, may I suggest melting both the sealing
wax and the same amount of parafin wax together?  The color may not be as
bright as with sealing wax alone, but it won't be as hard, either.  I've
tried "stretching" my home-brew wax with parafin wax, and the color was
fine, but the wax itself became too "drippy".

And I have no clue as to what was "traditional," I'm sorry to say.

Katla