hist-brewing: Emergency Beer Question -- OT

PBLoomis at aol.com PBLoomis at aol.com
Wed Jan 24 05:55:59 PST 2001

In a message dated 1/23/01 5:34:56 PM Central Standard Time, a friend who is
about to fly on an airborne scientific mission writes:

>  Help!  What is the freezing point of beer?
> We have managed to accumulate more beer than we can consume before we leave
> Patuxent River on Thursday. We would like to take the leftovers with us.
Our
> next stop is Anchorage. The overnight temperature there is predicted to be
> about 19 degrees(F). Can we leave the beer on the plane or should we drag
it
> with us to the BOQ to guard and protect it from prowling bears?

    Can any of you guys in the frozen North help me to help him?
    Scotti on the Gulf Coast
    "And the white wolf Winter, so cold and froar,
    Can prowl the north by a frozen door,
    But here we have fed him on bacon fat,
    And he sleeps by the fire like a lazy cat."
        -- Stephen Vincent Benet, "John Brown's Body"