hist-brewing: Heather Honey Mead

Karen Olson kaolson3 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 21 09:45:25 PST 2001

It's like buckwheat honey, a 100%
buckwheat mead would also be undrinkable for years, but
then that's another story... :?>)

Now that I have to disagree with, I have made a 100% buckwheat mead.  Yes,
you need to wait at least a year to drink, but mead is for the patient in my
opinion.  I don't doubt that it will only improve, and compared to the
accident with the cherry wine/buckwheat mead, it is stronger tasting.  But
than I happen to like the stronger flavored honeys for straight meads.

Karen

owner-hist-brewing at pbm.com