hist-brewing: Re: Heather Honey Meads

Dan McFeeley mcfeeley at keynet.net
Sat Jan 20 12:20:46 PST 2001

I wrote, in response to John Purdy:

>There's a lot of new information about meadmaking, but it's mostly
>something shared amongst knowledgable meadmakers, little if any of
>it is in print.

Oops, I need to retract this statement.  Dan McConnell and Ken Schramm
have written some excellant articles for _Zymurgy_.  Two "keepers" are
"Mead Success: Ingredients, Processes and Techniques," (vol 18, no 1)
and "Mastering Mead Formulation: The Art and Science of the Sacred
Honey Brew" (vol. 23, no. 3).  Their web paper on mead and honey
is another good one (sorry, don't have the URL handy but most mead
web pages have links to it).

Dan McFeeley
mcfeeley at keynet.net