hist-brewing: spontaneous ferment mead

Kirsty Pollock kirsty.pollock at mpuk.com
Thu Jan 18 08:24:08 PST 2001

> Behalf Of Spencer W. Thomas

> I can't agree here.  Most of Digbie's recipes for mead
> include spices and other
> ingredients.  These are not appropriate in a show mead, which
> should contain
> nothing but honey and water (and yeast).

What is the origin of the term 'show mead'?? What kind of show? Surely there
are many shows one could enter meads into with each their own rules?

Or is it, as I suspect, and often is, an assumption that we are all in the
SCA? (not particularly griping at the SCA bods, but at assumptions of any
sort).

KP