hist-brewing: spontaneous ferment mead

Dan McFeeley mcfeeley at keynet.net
Thu Jan 18 07:37:50 PST 2001

Spencer Thomas sent me a private e-note kindly pointing out an error I'd
made in my last post.  I'd used the phrase "show mead" much too loosely
for all meads made prior to the use of chemical assistance.  This was
incorrect, something I'm sure many others noticed.  Show meads are honey,
yeast, water alone -- what I should have said was that all meads were
natural meads.

Dan McFeeley
mcfeeley at keynet.net