FW: hist-brewing: Re: hist-brewing-digest V1 #759

Steven Sanders geigertube at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 06:44:23 PST 2001

--- Kirsty Pollock <kirsty.pollock at mpuk.com> wrote:

> Heather honey is apparently (according to my friend
> who works in a small
> winery which makes a lot of mead and are always
> doing research for new
> products) another one that takes a very long time to
> finish - but a very
> good mead when it is!
>
> I must try it sometime.

I read in (this is from distant memory, so
author/title info may be off/misspelled) Acton/Duncans
"Making Mead" that heather mead takes upwards of 20
years to age properly. Has anyone else heard this?
Twenty years seems like an inordinate amount of time
to me.

=====
My moon based death ray
panics the people of earth.