hist-brewing: spontaneous ferment mead

PBLoomis at aol.com PBLoomis at aol.com
Wed Jan 17 01:26:21 PST 2001

In a message dated 1/16/01 1:46:17 PM Central Standard Time,
matt_lists at hotmail.com writes:

> High grav meads 16+
>  take longer than that, certain flavors take longer to develop (like sherry
>  type notes).

    My apiarist once had a mead that tasted like a fine Amontillado.  It
was glorious!!  He gave me the last ounce and the dregs in hopes that
I could revive the yeast, but I couldn't.
    Any suggestions on how to replicate it??  I have 20 lbs of his superb
Bayou Talla wildflower honey to work with.
    Scotti
    in da swamp