hist-brewing: Re: blue mead

Linda Carter lc.otter at home.net
Thu Jan 11 18:18:07 PST 2001

>>   Interesting thread!  It's sounding like you might want to go back to
your
>>   friend and ask the motivation behind their request.  If "it's their
favorite
>>   color" ... have them choose their second favorite.  If it's to fit some
>>   historical theme, the two of you might be able to rethink it and come
up with
>>   a better (read, "doable") solution.  I confess curiosity as to what the
>>   motivation/connection is between blue and mead or history.

I posted it here because for some reason, the Mead Lovers Digest doesn't
like me.
I am subscribed, but it won't let me post.

> Why it has to be blue and why it has to be mead I think is the personal
> preference of the friend of the poster.

Why it has to be mead is a preference of the poster, the blue part is my
friend.
I asked her why it had to be blue, it isn't for SCA. She wants Romulan ale,
but I have no clue how to make ale. I am at least a little familiar with the
process to make mead. So I'd rather make mead.

I must admit to being rather overwhelmed by the responses here.
I thought I MIGHT get one or two emails, never even crossed my mind I might
get 20 or 30.

-Linda Carter-
ICQ#22131799
lc.otter at home.net
http://www.crosswinds.net/~lcotter/

"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other
languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets
for new vocabulary."

-- James D. Nicoll