Steven Sanders geigertube at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 07:42:01 PST 2001

--- toddlintown at mediaone.net wrote:
> You're all missing the point. Fine, blue is a
> primary color. If you go to
> http://www.beer.org/~tpark/color.html (go half way
> down the page), you'll see
> that two colors can be blended to make blue. If you
> do a "Search" of "primary
> colors" you'll see a dozen or so web sites with
> examples.

I think that at this point its academic, but just for
the sake of argument, (and if its not an enjoyable
discussion, I'll stop) looking at this chart/article,
one still cant mix blue without having blue to begin
with. The cyan that is mixed with magenta for the
resultant dark blue has blue in it. The mixing just
eliminates the colors that interfered with the full
expression of the blue, by my understanding of this
process. So we are still stuck, because we still dont
have a dye that will make blue in an acidic
environment, allowing this method to work.

The only thing I can think of, for whatever its worth,
would be to just use the food coloring. This would be
assuming its stable in an acidic environment. Although
its no good if one is trying to go for historical
accuracy. Safety concerns of food coloring seem
irrelevant in my opinion,(unless a drinker has a
severe allergy) because unless im mistaken, the
alcohol does much more damage to your system than a
scant amount of food coloring. The food coloring sort
of shouts in the alcohols thunderstorm. :)

Regards,

Steven

> The only thing that's going to work is either the
> blending of two edible or
> drinkable colored liquids or use plants or dyes that
> might kill you. Seems like
> an easy choice to me.
>
> Bob
>
> Kirsty Pollock wrote:
>
> > blue IS a primary colour both in pigment and in
> light!!
> >
> > Kirsty

=====
My moon based death ray